Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Lots of fun with Spring on the way





Spencer was released (already!) from being the secretary of the elder's quorum and has now been called as the assistant ward financial clerk. In other words, he now helps to handle all the money things at the church. This does mean that he stays long hours after church on Sundays. However, I do get to have him home on week nights in exchange! So, I am overall pleased with it. We received a wonderful blessing when Spencer was set apart and still feel warm and fuzzy about it (well maybe the warm and fuzzy is just me, but we are grateful).

The Gilbert AZ temple we went to see.
Other things that happened..... I gave up on choir this semester! The music is crazy difficult (I think). But, I hope to have time to try again next semester. If I will have time with my first year of teaching on top of being in master's classes. It's going to be fun! Speaking of working next year, next week is the educator's job fair at UNM! I'm nervous. Spencer says it's all about talking to people. And he's right. But, it's still nerve wracking. Pray for luck for me! I know I got luck for the licensing exam I had and hope I did very well.

I have been working super hard to get the backyard weeded so we are ready to plant a garden this year. Boy oh boy are there WAY too many weeds. I had some help this last weekend and I still have so much to do! To help out I've planned a weeding party to get all of them pulled in time to plant yummies. Hopefully we'll get it all DONE.

There are lots of these in our yard.
Good news! I have another niece! My sister and her husband, Karen and Jose, have just had their third girl as of last week. I have yet to find time where we can Skype together. I'm excited to meet little Monica and see my other two nieces (super cute little girls). I hope that they love the baby blanket which I definitely finished in time. It looks like a turtle shell with the green and brown squares which I only see as an added benefit. ^_^

Cute little niece Monica. <3
Last week, Spencer and I went up to Tempe, AZ to see my little brother. Although, I guess he's not so little anymore. It was a blast! I love hanging out with my bro! And Spencer got to make it into a business trip and go to see the bike patrol that is run by the student EMS there at ASU. He's working on getting one up and running for UNM. We got to enjoy the absolutely beautiful campus with so much GREEN! It was like a green desert full of green dry brush. It was much different from the brown desert I hail from. The city was really large! But traffic was terrible. I love not having that much traffic where I live. The other highlight from our trip was we got to go to the newly dedicated Gilbert AZ Temple! It was stunningly lovely with a theme of agave.

No comments:

Post a Comment