Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Marching through March

This month is looking to be one that just gets more and more crazy everyday! The last couple of months have been wonderful! Since our last post, one whole semester FLEW by! And Spencer and I finally got married (way too long to wait for). Life has been fun and busy and I'm really loving being with Spencer everyday.
Happy Marriage to us!

This month for us will be SUPER busy! We have been doing lots and lots of chores this week so we're prepared for this month. Tuesday nights are fun for the both of us because we are doing the Institute Choir (which Spencer is now the president of). We've got TONS of songs yet to learn. This is a new experience for me. I've never been much into the choir thing, but I'm trying it out and we'll see how I like it.

I love this man and he loves me <3
 I've joined the relief society evening scripture study group that will be bi-weekly on Wednesdays. I really like it! We're covering The Gospel and the Productive Life manual. So far, I have gotten the opportunity to host the first ever one. Because of that (most likely), I have been "volunteered" as the person to get in touch with those who have said they are interested in coming. So, lots of emails! But, that's not too bad. I am also the secretary for the young women at church and so I send a weekly email out for them. It's easy to just get both done in the same sitting. Spencer is the secretary for the elder's quorum (adult men, for all you non-Mormon folk) and he has a weekly meeting on Wednesday nights at the same time as the study group! Supposedly there's a cooking group for Relief Society on the opposing Wednesdays of the study group. I think I'll join that one too so I have something to do while Spencer is at meetings.

Beautiful Mom and I (she just had a birthday on Monday!)
Thursday this semester is the longest day ever. I start out as high school starts with my always goal to leave the house by 6:40AM and then do tutoring after school until 3:30PM and then go straight to my college seminar for student teachers until 6:45PM. This ending time makes me late every week for the Thursday night young women activities which are from 6:30PM until 8PM most commonly. So this gets me home between 8 and 8:30PM. What an exhausting day. I pack a lunch and dinner these days! Spencer usually works on Thursday nights because I pretty much get home and go to bed and it's nicer to have nights together.

Fridays are free days! It's the only day that there is not tutoring after school. :) I usually go straight home to wake up Spencer (who often works that night). And weekends are usually peaceful and filled with chores as are Mondays except for the bi-weekly meeting I have for Teacher Education Graduate Student Association (TEGSA). Makes for a peaceful few days before massive chaos.

Hopefully with lots of this kind of dancing somewhere in there!!

All in all, life is good. Spencer and I have lots of goals for the year:
Go to the temple at least once a month (we'd really like to get twice)
Write in our journals weekly
Read scriptures together and separate daily
Pray together (as in, during prayer for morning and bed we both say something)
Start a vegetable garden (with this comes, weed the blanket of thorns)
Paint the inside of our house
Paint the outside of our house
Have a date every week
Have a double date every month
See the Kajder's (Laura's parents) at least every other week

...and that's all of them!
Now, I've got to go and study for my big license exam for teaching in two weeks and crochet a blanket for my new niece (so excited!) expected soon! And I'm sure Spencer is still sleeping.

A blanket that looks really similar to this (this was Sofia's). Amelia's was purple and gray and the new baby's will be brown and green (I love green and spring and all that stuff!)

No comments:

Post a Comment